Lecturing and Teaching
- One-day seminar ‘Paint Archaeology and Building Management’ for the Conservation Officers of Islington Borough Council and local Conservation Architects, 4th April 2011
- Delivery of a one day seminar ‘Conservation Forum – Historic Interiors’ at Belsay Hall, Northumberland. Organised on behalf of English heritage for local conservation offers, English Heritage regional staff and other conservation professionals. – 17 February 2006.
- Tutor on seminar for student architects on Urban Planning and Cultural Heritage held in Medias Romania, May 4-5 2004. An pan-European initiative organised by Norwegian, German and UK conservation agencies
- Various historic interiors internship training programmes provided by English Heritage projects for students from Bradford University, De Montfort University, York University, the Royal College of Art London, Gothenburg University and the Directorate for Cultural Heritage, Norway (NIKU) and various private conservators in UK (1992 – 2003)
- Tutor on the Attingham Summer School, guiding a study of the conservation management of Bolsover Castle and other sites. (2002 – 2009)
- Collaboration with the University of Amsterdam and the Limburg Conservation Institute at Maastricht, providing lectures, on-site visits and internship training (1998 – ongoing)
- College of Estate Management, Reading University, Tutor on the Historic Interiors Conservation Module of the Practical conservation Techniques Masters Course(1999-2004). Hughes H. (2009) ‘The Research & Conservation of Historic Interiors (Paper 0227V2) ’A course paper in ‘Practical Conservation Techniques: Materials and Repairs’ published by The College of Estate Management, The University of Reading, 1-26. Author of ‘Paint finishes and historic interiors (Paper 0227) A course paper in ‘Practical Conservation Techniques: Materials and Repairs’ published by The College of Estate Management, The University of Reading.